Sunday 11 March 2007

Better weather

This week has seen some better weather with sun. I love the sun and warmth it seems to make me more energetic. Friday dialysis was good - no problems with the fistula do have some bruising from Wednesday so used one of the older sites. Spoke to the people who organise slots for dialysis and explained that I wanted to go back to the main hospital unit whilst I was potentially about to undergo the treatment for the transplant. The sister knew about it and the lady who does the organisations agreed which was good.

Attended a patient forum for renal with the heads of the department. This was good but I do wonder what effect it actually has? At least they are trying.

Went on my longest run so far. I managed 8.7 miles of quite hilly terrain - In 1hour 45 mins. I felt fine doing the run and afterwards. A bit of aching the next day but ok. I am going to try and do the full 13.1 miles this week to check that I am ready...

No comments: