Tuesday 13 March 2007

Fistula? Problems

My fistula worked fine last night but they did a flow test on it. The test showed that there was no recirculation and that the pressure through the fistula was good. The flow rate through the fistula is much to high according to the nurse and this could be putting pressure on my heart. I had asked about this last month and the doc said it was probably ok - I think now they will scan it and have a bit of a panick about what to do.

Hopefully the transplant will happne in time and they can just tie off the fistula once I am stable. The only problem with this is that I loose a potential access point for dialysis - this is not good for a renal patient as we only have a limited number of places to create fistulas.

I wait and see the outcome- perhaps I will be operated on for the fistula before the transplant??

No comments: