Friday 11 January 2008

Creatinine jumping around

It has been a week of visiting hospital. Went to routine bloods on Monday and all seemed good. Had a call late on Tuesday to say that they wanted me back on Thursday to check creatinine as this had risen and that I should change my tack levels to reduce. I went back on Thursday and asked them to do urgent bloods - these turned out to be higher again. There was a little bit of confusion of what to do but it was decided that I should either return Friday or Saturday for more blood checks with the prospect of a biopsy and scan and potential hospitilisation.

I went back on today - and fortunately my creatinine had come down a little - the doctor believes the rise is down to more physical activity etc. I go back for more bloods on Monday.

Apart from that the week has been fine - went for a walk with a friend on Tuesday past our old primary school and down into Lyme Regis. Also been watching the Chicken Run series that is based in the local town. I watched it with someone who has good knowledge and personal interest in the river cottage company and brand. I found it an interesting and informative programme, I felt that some of it was actually very funny with some "almost" sketch scenes. It will be interesting to see how over the next six months the amount of sales of free range chickens rises much.

I am looking forward to a hopefully quite weekend in which I am going to do "not much".

No comments: