Wednesday 2 January 2008

Getting stuff done and keeping the mind occupied

I have spent the morning working out how to set up a charity and trying to get that in motion. It is an interesting idea. I have also been thinking about trying to set up a young persons renal support group that largely uses the internet. I recognise how hard it is for kidney patient groups to cater for all individual and all ages. Often it is the patients who are not members that actually need the support and encouragement.

My aim is to set up a group that promotes positive living and lifestyle taking into consideration health. I also want the group to be more dynamic, using the Internet "community" sites to provide support. I am in the process of contacting a number of people about helping in the initiative. If anyone thinks they can help or has an idea or comment please use this blog comment suggestion or contact me directly. I would like this group to become part of or work with the current kidney patient group but just be a little more focused on the younger generation that have different pressures to people who go into renal failure later in life.

I am debating if I should go for my first run since the transplant, I think I am over my cold and cough. The only problem is that it is cold outside and it is never a good idea to start running when it is freezing as your muscles need a few runs to stretch and recondition helping to prevent injury.

No comments: