Thursday 17 January 2008

after life

It surprises me that lots of the conversation about the opt out option of organ donation rotates around the idea that people dont want to donate organs because they might need them or that perhaps they are not dead. Do some people expect to be continued to be fed, pumped with oxygen etc even when they are declared clinically dead. Upon burial or cremation do they expect to survive under 10 ft of soil or the cremation process. I guess that if you are not dead when you are dead - having an organ removed will probably be the least of your worries. In my opinion this reason for not donating is not a strong one.

Met up with an old friend last night (he has become a hair dresser or something similar, sorry mate but I promised I would would be honest) it was good to catch up with him and to realise how this blog has been read by people who I did not expect to read it - and wonder how they discovered it. I am wondering how I should keep the blog going, I guess the angle is to try and keep promoting kidney research and donation plus updating on my progress.

Any ideas?

No comments: