Wednesday 10 October 2007

Cross matching, plasma and press

Quite a bit to update. Firstly I am feeling tired - due to low hb and am finding if I walk quickly I get out of breath. This is not due to some sudden loss of fitness, it is due to low hb. I basically can't get enough oxygen to my body and thus it gets tired and breathless.

The cross match results showed little change - the original antibody seems to be controlled now. But we have these wierd antibodies that are giving positive cross match results. Hopefully roche will come back with some good news.

Press. On plasma this morning I was phoned by one of the transplant coordinators to ask if I would go on the radio. An hour later I was live on BBC Bristol Radio taking part in a discussion about transplants and there effects. I now have the evening post wanting to do an article on me and transplant - appearing next week- I guess. I am always a bit reserved about the press but think that this is a good cause and that there heart is in the right place. We will see.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ian; Still 'fighting' i see. That's good to see my friend.

Lets pray that Roche gets back to you in with haste

Press; Like old times!

Thanks for keeping us updated

Shahid

dinxster said...

Awesome!!!!

Josie said...

hey Ian, Go for the interviews. It will make a difference. We had a debate on carrying donor cards in tutor last week. My students know more about organ donation now I have told them about you (of course you remain anonymous). If you ever want to put in an appearance let me know. Take it easy. J xx

Anonymous said...

Hello Ian
Thinking of you. Awful news about Peter - poor Francis. Keep fighting those antibodies - hope they go away soon. Take care.

Liz
xxx