Wednesday 31 October 2007

Last day of freedom

I had 3 units of blood last night on dialysis. Hb went from 6.5 to 9.1 which is good. Their was a lot of debate over the blood which was only solved by phoning my consultant directly.

Tomorrow I go into hospital for the transplant on Friday. I still have a cross match to get through and a screen to check that I don't have any bugs in my system. I am dialysing early so that they can get the bloods into the lab in the morning ready for the cross match.

Plasma today was fine although I arrived late having over slept. They have been brilliant at the blood unit - so professional and friendly. A great team

I am going to try and keep the blog updated from hospital. May have to ask mum to do some updating. I will probably in hospital for at least 2/3 weeks.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Fingers crossed for you! Love you xxxx

Unknown said...

Good luck tomorrow, hope it all goes as smoothly as possible. May the force be with you.

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you all so very much. I hope last Friday went smoothly and successfully. With love to you all.