Wednesday 3 October 2007

Plasma and Iron

Back from Plasma - feel ok today imagine that I will feel tired later and need a sleep. I actually enjoyed plasma today - it is quite boring sitting at home alone and not being able to go out because of quarantine. The staff at the blood service are happy people who can take a joke and joke back. They are also very caring. It is slightly different to dialysis in the fact that plasma is one on one nursing whilst dialysis is not. This means that you talk and get to know the plasma nurses better and they have a better idea of how you are feeling.

I had iron for the first time in a month last night- there had been some confusion and it had been missed for a while. My iron had dropped to a low level. Iron is important as it helps hb carry oxygen around the body. I actually feel a lot better today with a bit more energy and think this may be down to iron. It could also be all in the mind.

I have not heard anything about the cross match tests from monday- so I presume treatment carries on as is.

I am feeling ok both physically and mentally which is good, the donations are brilliant and it gives me something to do.

No comments: