Saturday 22 December 2007

Antibody, dr17

I spoke to a couple of the doctors yesterday - whilst giving Christmas cards. My immunity to the DR17 antibody (the one they needed to get rid off before the transplant) has returned. It started to return 3 weeks after the operation with no associated sign of rejection. Interestingly they were worried that it might be supercharged and aggressive - but the levels have steady for the past few weeks showing that my immunity has reached a level which the doctors are pleased with.

I dont understand all the science behind this and am not sure that many people do.

They also continue to reduce my antirejection drugs including reducing steriods slowly and my tach dose - this is related to the amount in my blood. I seem to be on a low dose with a high blood level? My liver function is fine - so I can break it down.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.