Monday 10 December 2007

London marathon

I applied for a place to do next years London marathon and have gained a place. I have 4 months to prepare. My doctor is happy for me to attempt it - it is going to be tough - and I am not banking on a fast time. I think that I still have about 4 weeks until I can start running again (if all keeps going well) - so that leaves 3 months for proper training. I have a pretty good baseline fitness.

My doctor wants to do something alongside - he can't run due to knee problems but is thinking about rowing whilst I am running. I am also going to get some advice from the hospital regarding training, diet and in particular fluid balance which is crucial for newly transplant transplanted patients.

I will keep this blog going and record my progress.

No comments: