Monday 31 December 2007

New Years Eve

I am currently in Devon. Travelled up to Bristol this morning for blood tests - as it is a bank holiday they were done urgently.

The doctor is very pleased with my current renal function - I have almost the same function as someone with two normal kidneys who is perhaps overweight and unfit. My hb has also gone up to 14 which is great - a few months ago before the transfusion my hb was near 5 that is almost a 1/3rd of the amount. Quite a difference.

I had an interesting chat with my doctor about the potential of setting up a charity focusing on transplantation in the Unit and if I would be interested in help setting it up. I am very interested in the project and am going to spend some time thinking about what is needed.

We also chatted about the marathon next April and what other people can do to help raise awareness etc. I have had a further idea that I am not going to say yet - but think it could be a real good idea that has some longevity.

It is New Years eve so I am going out with some local friends - not sure what we are going to do yet but am sure it is going to be fun,

No comments: