Friday 14 December 2007

Converting blog into a useful resource

Part of keeping this blog was to help future patients that go through the same treatment. A blog works well when the reader keeps up to date regulary and can follow the events in real time. I am not sure how useful it is for future patients as it is actually quite hard to read a blog from the beginning and can appear disorganised.

I am considering transfering my entries into a book/ booklet that is better organised. The other option is to make an online book. If I do make it into a book/ booklet I would like to know that it would actually be useful and that I don't spend loads of time formatting etc for it not to be used.

I have been thinking about writing a factual book with accompanying website that focuses on renal stuff both for transplant and dialysis patients. I could not afford to do this without having someway of recouping some money for my time. Perhaps through sponsorship or charging for the book and access to the website. I will have to do some more research into the topic and contact a few people to see if their is any interest.

If you think you could offer anything to the above idea in terms of experiences etc please do contact me. I know that quite a few people are reading this blog and many are linked to the renal world.

No comments: