Wednesday 12 December 2007

First serious exercise since the transplant

Yesterday I did my first serious bit of exercise since the transplant (just over 5 weeks ago). I walked about 4 miles in just over an hour - everything seemed fine and I felt good. I could feel that I had not done much for the past 3 months.

My body and especailly lower back - hip region had some minor pain and stiffness as I walked but nothing to serious.

Today when I woke up I was a little bit stiff in the lower back and left hip region but that has past. I am sure this is from the surgery and the scar which runs up my right hand side of the stomach from my pelvic region. My aim is to exercise in small amounts building up strength and increase amount and intensity as I go.

I am running for kidney research

No comments: