Tuesday 11 September 2007

Catch up

Went to find my doctor today to catch up and also to mention about hb levels dropping. I was thinking that this procedure would not be great if you did not have a good relationship with your doctor. It is great that he makes the time to explain stuff and listen to my questions and concerns.

My mmf has been reduced to try and allow my hb to stop falling. Apparently I the rituximab did it job and I have been blasted removing some type of specific cell... forgot which one.

A thought about dialysis. Tonights dialysis was fine - my named nurse is great - she has been keeping a close eye on me. I waited for her to come to work today so that she could put me on. Most of the staff at the dialysis unit are both very professional and good people (I want say all because I would be lying - but the majority are.)

I strongly believe that the dialysis centres should have a physio see that patients from time to time. Sitting on a machine for 4 hours is not good for the shoulders and neck. We should be taught exercises etc to help prevent damage and pain. I will suggest this at the next patient forum meeting.

They are reviewing my cross match tomorrow - this basically shows if the treatment is working. They are expecting more immunity this week because my white cells should be going into turbo drive as they will have discovered that their allies in the blood have all been killed. Apparently it is a feedback mechanism.

No comments: