Friday 28 September 2007

Devon

I am in Devon - a change of scenery which is great. Plasma this morning was fine got through the process in the shortest time yet! My parents picked me up and drove me back to Devon - I then had a sleep for a few hours and have just risen my sleepy head.

Spoke with one of the doctors and she said that my recent tests/cross matches that are suprising people and delaying the transplant are causing some confusion. The latest thinking is that the rituximab is actually binding/reacting with the donors blood giving postive cross matches. I wonder if anyone else around the world has heard of this happening and how can it be proved?

The " a million thanks " has raised over £500 in under 2 days that is brilliant. It is key if we all want to raise the million that we donate £2 and tell 10 people why they should donate. The feedback I am getting from people is really positive and excited - I thank everyone for that and say keep it up.

Next week I am going to try and raise the awareness of the fund raising effort. If you know someone or are someone who could raise the awareness through the press etc I would be very grateful to hear from you. The more awareness we can get the better.

No comments: