Wednesday 19 September 2007

Tired

I am feeling tired at the moment. I put it down to a number of things. First the treatment is increasingly severe on the body. It seems to take longer each time to feel normal after plasma. Secondly my hb has dropped significantly over the past 17 days from 14.5 to 9.9 although it was slightly up today at 10.5. This basically means that I have about 2/3rds of the oxygen carrying cells in my body - this basically makes it harder to do things and recover from procedures. The level I am at the moment is not that low but I think the rapid decrease has made it feel worse.

I hope that the hb downward trend has stopped.

I am also feeling less hungry by the day, no idea the exact reason for this. Probably due to a combination of things. It is a sort of chemical sickness feeling that takes away the feeling of hunger.

I also often feel slightly fluie in the evenings.

Apart from all the above,which I think are all expected side effects I am fine.

I note that my potassium was 6.1 the other day. This is the most it has been since being on dialysis. No idea why it was at that level - perhaps lab error or perhaps plasma puts it up? A high potassium level is not good - it can cause a heartattack.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello!
Sorry you are feeling a bit shit - hope your Hb goes up and gives you a bit more energy. Sounds like you are doing pretty well to manage the oreieteering though!!Thinking of you.

Liz xxx
P.S patient leaflet sounds a good idea!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ian,

Thought that this might be of passing interest.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/7003268.stm

David

Ian said...

Hi David,

Thanks for the article have decided to make comment on it through a blog entry.

Ian