Tuesday 25 September 2007

Weekend update

This weekend was good - I felt a lot better and managed to eat more and relax a bit. I am still pretty tired.

Went to dialysis on Sunday morning and managed 2 out of the 4 hours. When all the alarms went off in the unit on the machines. Someone had been doing maintenance on the water supply and the water went off. Basically when this happens the machines don't like it. After 20 mins you have to come off as the blood starts to get to cold.

I was taken off and asked if I wanted to stay until it was fixed. We had no idea how long that would take. I decided to come off - within 5 minutes it had been fixed. This basically meant I was 2 hours short of dialysis. At this stage I did not know if the transplant was going to happen on Friday or not so I said I would do 2 hours on Monday followed by 4 on Tuesday.

Plasma went fine on Monday and all the cross match bloods were done, at this point the indications of a transplant on Friday were good. I felt not so confident over this.

Dialysis was fine - 2 hours. My fistula is looking well used now. Got the nurse (who is great at needling my fistula to use a couple of new sites. That was fine. My hb was 9.6 - this is getting low. Speaking to the doctor we are hoping that is has now stabilized.

No comments: