Friday 21 September 2007

Next week

I am still pretty tired - plasma day is always knackering. Was told today that I don't need my bladder inflated before the transplant.

They do the next cross match on Monday and decide on Tuesday if my antibodies have been removed yet. I don't think they had been removed last Monday. I am thinking that they probably will be around this Monday. My body is normally quite a fighter, it often takes more time and drugs to do stuff to my body than is the norm. Their is a chance that they will not be able to remove the antibodies and hence not be able to do the transplant.

My hb was similar to Wednesday result so it seems that it has stabilised. Hopefully it should start lifting soon.

It also appears that my blood vessels are not as good as I was led to believe. I have narrowing of a vein near my current transplant (rejected) which means they are probably going to leave that one in place and use the right side of my stomach.

Transplanted kidneys normally get put in the front of your body just above your pelvis. As I have had two before their is a chance they will have to put this one higher up near the stomach.

No comments: