Tuesday 4 September 2007

Tuesday - second day

Woke up at about 11am today. Had normal type of sleep on and off. Took a sleeping pill which helped. It seems that being on dialysis has a major effect on the ability to sleep. Many of us find this - I think the doctors should pay a bit more attention to these types of things. Normally they say see your GP - I am not sure this approach works with renal patients. Perhaps they need to make the communication better. I am lucky and I have an amazing GP and consultant who I can talk to openly and understand what is going on. But some of the reports I here from other patients is not as good.

Had some sad news yesterday - one of my fellow dialysis patients died on Sunday. I had been dialysing in the same slot as him for the past 18 months. So that is sad - he had major heart problems. Not much more I can say really, I tend not to get emotional over death - unless that person is very close to me. I feel that death comes to us all and have accepted that fact. When you have accepted that it actually makes living easier!

Dialysis in a couple of hours first time I would have dialysed on a tuesday - the television is shit as well which makes it boring. Probably take a dvd.

I am now on a full regime of antirejection drug in preparation for the transplant. I cant imagine what is happening inside my body at the moment. yesterday literally blasted all my white blood cells apart leaving with little immunity.

No comments: