Thursday 27 September 2007

A Kernal of an idea

I am a bit bored at the moment stuck either at hospital or at home waiting for the treatment and potential transplant.

I have decided to raise a million pounds through the help of friends and the internet. My idea is to send an email to 1 hundred of my family and friends asking them to donate £2 to Kidney research and also asking them to send an email to 10 of their friends asking them to do the same. I want everyone to understand that they are helping to make a difference and be motivated to ask their friends to spend £2. It is a pyramid of good.

I have worked out this. I contact 100 people they contact 10 each giving 1000 people who in turn contact 10 000 people who in turn contact 100 000 people who in turn contact 1 000 000 people. It is possible that within 5 steps we could off all worked together and raised together a well over a million but have only spent £2 ourselves plus a bit of our time.

I am passionate about raising this money. Did you know that 1 in 10 people suffer from renal disease and this is growing. I have been so lucky that research has been carried out and I want to make sure that we can help others.

I will continue with the blog documenting my health and treatment for the transplant.

If you want to start donating visit

No comments: