Wednesday 5 September 2007

What is in a name? (beforeyouaskiamfine

You may be wondering where did the name come from?

When I was about 10 I was pretty ill and was in hospital for 10 months. When you are lying on a bed and every person walks in and asks you "How are you?" All you can really say is "I'm fine". Sometimes I wanted to say I am bloody aweful, but that would not be british...

The nurses managed to get me a badge made that said "before you ask i am fine" and I would use this as my standard answer.

So that is where the name came from

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Ian
Glad to hear that you are finally getting the transplant. Did you have to put that you were 30 - I am trying to forget that I am too!!!! Good luck. Will send you a proper e mail this week. On call at moment so better get back to work. Take care.

Liz xxx