Sunday 2 September 2007

Quarantine

Due to all the dealys and changes of plans this is the second time I have gone into quarantine... The last time was the end of July in which I thought the treatment was going to start.

I have been living in a self imposed quarantine for the last week. This is to try and stay well for the start of the treatment. I basically have not been out except for dialysis since last weekend. Alhough I have continued my running and walking - as this does not mean contact with other humans.

One can obviously not guarantee not getting ill but I am sure it will reduce the risk. I will carry on this isolation for all the time of the treatment and hopefully for a few months after the transplant takes hold, well at least until my immunity starts to get stonger again.

6 comments:

serge said...

Great stuff Ian.

Funny enough that makes our relationship with you easier.

You're a bloody strong man ( I'm not sure it's a really good joke, take it as a french one!)

Keep happy as your dad would say

Serge

dinxster said...

Ian this is amasing... I really really wish you all the best with this and can not begin to understand or imagine what it must be like. All the best and keep facebooking and blogging.

You are incredibly strong and courageous!

Dink

Anonymous said...

i like the wording "humans" make u seem like an alien. one question what side effects were u told u would experience? Which of them have u experienced already if any?

Anonymous said...

and secondly in addition to the above questions. Will u be contacting ur friends from dialysis by phone email etc to see how u r progressing? M

Ian said...

may do...

Ian said...

A number of side effects were mentioned, these depended on the procedure. The rituximab made my feel slightly fluy and plasma just makes me feel weird.

Also my skin is very dry and itching - this at the moment is the worst side effect