Friday 7 September 2007

Sunshine and the weekend

I have finished my plasma session. They managed to run it even faster today thus took less than 2 hours. I have had no reactions so far to the treatment and the citrate. I think my body is pretty accepting and strong.

The doctor in charged said she had not met anyone who was so laid back during treatment, I took that as a compliment. The thing is I actually feel very laid back and not that worried about it. I suppose I have accepted what will be will be and that the more relaxed I can be the better for my body, my brain and the people around me.

I think often when you are ill, a lot of the stress you build up is related around worrying about the effect you are having your loved ones. You don't want them to worry but it is difficult as this is a natural reaction. It can be a difficult situation.

I now have a break and don't need to go back for anything until Sunday afternoon. That means I have got a complete day off tomorrow which I am looking forward to as is my arm. And it is sunny I think I might go for a run/walk later to get some sun and fresh air.

My lymphocytes are now 1.2 from 1.6 which I think is good.
hb 13 (this week it has ranged from (13 - 14.7) that is a big range.

I am trying to chase one of the doctors to organise blood taking for monday - to all be done at the blood unit. This would simplfy things but I need to get hold of him to tell him that the plasma unit have agreed. I have left a message.

This week I have been on machines for about 30 hours. That is 30 hours of my blood being pumped around and around. I still find this weird - it is just amazing that the body can deal with it.

What post the pictures soon..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Ian
It was great to see you and family the other day.We are blogging virgins so we will be reading your blogs with interest. Fingers crossed it seems "so far so good". The long wait is ending. We are all sending you positive energy and vibes and we really WILL come to visit you once out of quarantine.
Best wishes
Wayne, Polly, Monty, Beatrix,Hector

PS Hector says "Go for it dudey"

Ian said...

Good to see you guys as well. Tell Hector he is the king of cool.