Sunday 9 September 2007

Week 2

It was great to have a day off on Saturday. Having done plasma Friday morning and dialysed on Sunday afternoon it gave my body a good break. I think it needed it. I even managed a run on saturday - only a couple of miles but it felt good to get the heart pumping and to sweat.

When you don't pass urine you notice how much good sweating does to you. It seems to refresh the skin, reduce thirst (lose of salt I presume) and generally make one feel a bit more cleansed. Before the start of the treatment I was running about 20 miles a week but have cut this down a lot as I don't want to overdo it.

Dialysis today was fine. Felt that I needed it. Interestingly I had been running my pump speed at 320 the last week to give my arm a bit of a breather. I put it back to 350 today and think I should try and keep it at that level if poss. I think I was starting to feel the difference in the dialysis.

I am watching my hb closely at the moment as I have restarted mmf and last time that reduced my hb significantly. I don't want this to happen again. I have emailed my doctor to ask about this.

In myself I feel good - it is nice to know people are reading this and some people are interested. Feel free to comment.



The pills I take in the morning.

2 comments:

dinxster said...

The pills plus some coca cola branding. They should pay you for it!! hehe

Ian said...

all as bad as each other but what is one meant to do :-)