Saturday 1 September 2007

So far

I am 30 years old suffering from renal problems. I was diagnised with renal problems in South Africa at the age of 6 months and went into kidney failure at the age of 7. I was put on CAPD (dialysis), my mum then gave me a kidney. This lasted about 9 months and then failed. I went back in dilaysis for another 4 years, cadp failed and I was placed on haemodialysis in which I was based at the hospital for 10 months at the age of 10. I became very ill with dialysis not working well and suffering from a temperature for over 6 months that was never traced.

Eventually I was placed on the European Emergency transplant list and was fortunate to receive a kidney (just in time it took a couple of weeks to work and then lasted for about 16 years with very few problems.

The kidney failed in December 2005 in which they tried to place me on capd again but could not get it to work so they put me on haemodialysis.

As my last transplant started to fail the doctors talked about desensitation programme and if I would be interested. I will talk about this later.

I have been on haemodilaysis for the last 19 months and have generally been quite well.

I have in total had 34 operations.

The purpose of this blog is to record the next set of treatment on me. I will aim to keep it updates as much as possible.

No comments: